- removed mapr from the build_all step in the hbase_trx Makefile, we now create 6 jar files instead of 7
1613: build failing due to mismatched Maven downloads
When building Trafodion from source objects, Maven is required. It is not possible to download Maven from yum, instead it needs to be installed. There are a few problems related to how Maven is managed with Trafodion builds.
- In many environments, Maven is already installed. The check to see if Maven is already installed is commented out in traf_tools_setup.sh. This has been fixed.
- Today, sqenvcom.sh checks to see if mvn is installed, if not, it sets it to version 3.0.5 but we install 3.3.3. Changed the code to return an error: "ERROR unable to find mvn (MAVEN) in path" to inform the user that mvn needs to be added to the path before building. An error is also returned during the build (make) if mvn is not found in the path.
- As part of the above change, it was noted that many of the tools were being set to the value of $TOOLSDIR when $TOOLSDIR may not be set. Checks were added to see if the environment variable was already set. This allows someone to specify a different location for these tools as described in the additional build tools wiki page.
- Changed the output returned in bldenvchk.sh. BISON does not have to be in the path but needs to be specified correctly in the environment variable.
Most of the Trafodion Java source files are built through Maven, using projects DCS, REST, HBase-trx and SQL. A few files remain in the core/sql/executor and core/sql/ustat directories that are built through javac commands in the Makefile and helper files. Also, these files don't conform to common naming standards and therefore are a bit harder to debug with tools like Eclipse. I would like to do the following:
1. Move these remaining Java source files under core/sql/src, where the UDR-related files already are. 2. Include the class files in trafodion-sql-1.2.0.jar, the deliverable of the core/sql Maven project. 3. Change the package name to org.trafodion.sql for all these files. 4. Remove the trafodion-HBaseAccess-1.2.0.jar file (content will be included in trafodion-sql-1.2.0.jar). This jar file used to be built with a Makefile. 5. Make some source code changes to reflect the new package names and to avoid calling private method of class org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.io.orc.OrcStruct. 6. Remove Makefile rules for compiling Java files.
Also, this change includes a change of the component name for the event logger. We use SQL.COMP now, to make analyzing log messages for Trafodion easier. Venkat asked for this change.