- removed mapr from the build_all step in the hbase_trx Makefile, we now create 6 jar files instead of 7
1613: build failing due to mismatched Maven downloads
When building Trafodion from source objects, Maven is required. It is not possible to download Maven from yum, instead it needs to be installed. There are a few problems related to how Maven is managed with Trafodion builds.
- In many environments, Maven is already installed. The check to see if Maven is already installed is commented out in traf_tools_setup.sh. This has been fixed.
- Today, sqenvcom.sh checks to see if mvn is installed, if not, it sets it to version 3.0.5 but we install 3.3.3. Changed the code to return an error: "ERROR unable to find mvn (MAVEN) in path" to inform the user that mvn needs to be added to the path before building. An error is also returned during the build (make) if mvn is not found in the path.
- As part of the above change, it was noted that many of the tools were being set to the value of $TOOLSDIR when $TOOLSDIR may not be set. Checks were added to see if the environment variable was already set. This allows someone to specify a different location for these tools as described in the additional build tools wiki page.
- Changed the output returned in bldenvchk.sh. BISON does not have to be in the path but needs to be specified correctly in the environment variable.